Saturday, March 21, 2009

is it April yet?




No I'm not wanting April to be here because it will be my first wedding anniversary, I am wanting April to arrive so that the boat houses will open at all the local parks which means.... KAYAK time! Last year we discovered canoes pretty late in the year but we really enjoyed it and really want to do it again this year however I think we want to try kayak's for various reasons. Jordan and I went to Lake Wheeler this past week one evening and just watching the sun set near that gorgeous water made us both want to be on the water. We also came away from that thinking how awesome it would be to own a home on a body of water like that, now granted I am sure none of those homes would be in our price range but it's ok to dream right?

April 6th is fast approaching and well that will be 1 year since our wedding. I have no idea where the past year went, I do not feel as though that was a year ago by any means.

March 8th I went to Massachusetts to visit my friends there and it was so nice! The kids had all grown so much and oh how I just wanted to squeeze all of their cheeks. They are all going to be grown before I can blink my eyes. I need to definitely make more trips up to visit all of them. Seeing their town was great too because I have really missed working there. It ended up being a gorgeous weekend and right in between two snow storms for them. It was so much fun and I immediately missed everyone.

I've not been knitting as much as I would like- my bum wrist has been bothering me off and on but consistently since around Christmas. I am finally going back to Dr. Giggle, I mean Dr. Tuttle to have another shot of cortisone in it. I was good I have been able to put off getting it for a while but in some ways that was stupid because I've been less productive and just sorta crabby about my wrist. I know mine is in no way as bad as the MIL so I feel bad ever even complaining about it but dang it, this thing hurts. I dred the shot though, not for the immediate pain but for the pain that follows the few days after the shot. That was the annoying part last time, and it makes me nervous with being around kiddos and things that require me to lift them.

I have finished a few projects though. I made Jordan a heinous ear flap hat that he refuses to wear, I made myself a pretty little odessa hat which I love and I have a sock for myself almost finished. Gotta work on that!!

This week I gave in to peer pressure and bought Twilight. Yep. I'm reading it. I'm sucked in. I'm enjoying it. Woo hoo!

In other news- my mom and I spoke for the first time on the phone in eleven months on Tuesday. It was for about 30 mins and nothing major happened. We just chatted, awkwardly.

Also- if you live in my hometown you may have seen that my ex-step mom is missing. Yep. It's all right out of forensic files. While I am not directly emotionally affected by this I am sad for my step sister and half brother who very well may have to grow up now minus a mother. I know their previous arrangement in life with her had not been the best but you never want them to be missing/dead. I am fearful of what affect this will have on both kids and if they will get the counseling that they need to cope.

OH- we did have that freak snow storm in March- here are the photos from that as well as a photo of Pickles with a face covered in this maple treat she oh so loves.

Also I included a few photos of when we had Pickles fixed in February. She was such a trooper! Everything went really well with the surgery and the recovery (even though she managed to pull out a few stitches!) and she bounced back as quick as we suspected.

1 Comments:

Blogger Patricia said...

Happy, happy spring and anniversary!

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home