Thursday, February 07, 2008

Where did the last month go?

So the last time I wrote on my lovely little blog was a month ago. Okay, where did time go?

I'll tell you where. Wedding planning. Knitting socks. Jordan's Birthday. Life. Work. Pilates. Netflix.

We've been so busy over the past few weeks finalizing Wedding Vendors and getting head counts etc. I'm exhausted just thinking about all the meetings we've done over the past 3 weeks alone. Tomorrow I meet with the harpist and have the jeweler look at my ring to see if they can make it fit into my engagement ring, so they sit nicely together.. Then Sunday Jordan and I are making a 2.5 hour drive to meet with the Preacher.

These long drives have become a staple for our weekly lives recently. We drive to High Point, Jamestown, Greensboro quite often to meet with this vendor or that, and then back to Cary for the tiny remainder of the day. However, the light at the tunnel is close! We are less than 60 days out now, and I am beginning to become a bit excited about the entire thing. We have so much to do yet, but it's starting to feel as though we have come to the top of the mountain, and are now going down the opposite side. YAY! haha.

My wedding dress arrives in/around the 26th of this month, so then I have to have a meeting with the alterations lady to figure out where it needs to be, well, altered. My guess is the bust, and the length. lol. Then I can finally go shoe shopping.

Tonight I purchased the wedding favors and bubbles and such. This week I purchased the centerpieces and Angie got her dress for the wddding. I also have found a few really pretty dresses for the Bridal Shower, Bridal luncheon and the Rehearsal dinner. My feet are going to be KILLING me by the time i walk down that aisle! Flats it is! lol.

Things we have yet to do

1. Final head count
2. Get the tux situation arranged
3. final seating arrangement.

We nearly had a disaster for our out of town guests. Tears were involved I must say. I think it's the only time I really got upset in this process. I've been stressed and wired etc, but not really upset until the day I found out that nearly every hotel (worth staying at) was booked due to the annual North Carolina Furniture Market. Yeah. If a hotel had a room available they were something like $300 a night!!! Nope. Angie came to the rescue and found a hotel that had some rooms available and so luckily we have rooms now for us and other guests who will be from out of town.

I go for my hair appointment on the 20th to do a test run, and sometime in March I'm going to get a slight shape up maybe and my hair dyed again.

I don't know what i am doing for jewelry yet etc. but that will work it's self out.

April 6th 2008 is nearly here. I'm rather excited. I'm still stressing out, but I am still excited.

Wedding jitters!

Now what to get Jordan for his wedding gift?!!

Wish us luck on the last few meetings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home