Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day

So as you all may know I have not seen my mother since my wedding (04-6-08) and things have been rocky all around in that department. I've been working the relationship back up on my terms, mainly, and trying to become more comfortable with the idea of seeing my mom. Well that day finally came last Friday. We had talked a few times over the past few weeks and I decided that I could handle Mother's Day better if we just re-started our relationship with that, sorta on a positive note. My mom came down and I took her to lunch, gave her a small gift and a very suitable card. It was a bit awkward but easier than I had thought it would be. I guess my relationship with my mom is like riding a bike- you never forget how, but I am just hoping I have improved on my coping skills. I'm not setting any expectations for this- just sorta going with the flow. She'll call when she has time and thinks about it. I'm not pressuring myself to call her.


My dad has not spoken to me in a while. I am pretty sure it has to do with a very assertive email that I sent him about what he needs to be doing to properly care for my siblings. These grievances would not be aired by anyone else I am sure, so I did it. I'm never very assertive with men in my life (other than Jordan) but I decided it was high time I was. At the time that I sent that email I think things were crazy and it may have been a while before it got the email... which probably only added a tinge of lighter fuel to a already large fire. Oh well. He'll get over it. I know that the siblings are giving him a run for his money so to speak. I am sure he is clueless to just how well behaved I was as a child and teenager. From the looks of things neither of my siblings will be as calm as I was.

Jordan and I have been kayaking once- which we loved! It was sooo much fun. If I had oodles of money to blow I would run out and buy one and all the gear. We've been canoeing a few times- but not recently. Maybe this weekend we will- we should, I need to just not stop us from doing it.

In my own life I have begun a new set of books, the Southern Vampire series/Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. HBO based their hit show, True Blood, off of this series and as my reward for reading book one I will watch season one from netflix once it is out. I read book one last week and I am now on book two, It's going slow but that doesn't mean I am not enjoying it.

Knitting related- I finally finished pink sock 1. YAY! Now to start/finish pink sock 2! I also decided to cut my losses with my pink 'waffle' stitch gone wrong scarf. It just kept meeting it's end with Oreo and Pickles and everything! I bound off and it's going to be a neck wrap.

This weekend Heather, Melissa, Allison and I are all going to the roller derby in Raleigh. As you can imagine we are all very excited about this and hope to see some seriously awesome action. After trying to make it to one of their games for almost a year we are finally attending!

In June Heidi, Heather, Allison, Melissa and I are all going to see No Doubt/Paramore at Walnut Creek. Since I was 11 Gwen Stefani/No Doubt has had a very special place in my heart. Their band really made an impact on me as a pre-teen/teen. Seeing them live will be like coming full circle for me. Paramore is still rather new to me, other than the Twilight soundtrack I don't know much of their music career.

Well back to my Wednesday chores!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home