Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Trim up the Tree...


The first strand is up


Oreo paying close attention to
me unraveling the lights


The ATTACK! Oreo pounces from behind
the tree to grab the string of lights

The end result.

I've got that song stuck in my head. I've been listening to entirely too much holiday music. I guess I'm in a good holiday mood, not really stressing it. Trying to not think about the fact that we're here without any family for both holidays.

We got a real tree this year, and we put it up in the living room tonight and I went ahead and put the lights on it. I am very excited to have a real tree this year. I think it's been a while since we've had a real one. The apartment smells all festive now.

Oreo of course thinks we just gave her a miniature jungle. She's been using it as a fort, and she's made some accurate attacks from behind it. As long as she doesn't climb up it I'm ok with her using it as a play thing for the next month.

Last night we started having snow flurries at around 3 am and by 6 am our cars had a light dusting on them, but it didn't stay very long, even though it was VERY cold today.It continued to flurry until about 3 pm today, and nothing ever stuck or made an impact. We hope tomorrow it isn't bad, it's supposed to be rain/snow/strong winds....doesn't that sound like fun.

I made a cherry cheese cake tonight, and I am planning to take it tomorrow over to the Wyman's for dinner at their place. I hope they enjoy it, but i only made one, so everyone will only get tiny pieces. But it's my favorite thing so I decided to get it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home